Laser Cataract Surgery
Gradual changes in vision can often go unnoticed if you do not have regular eye exams. If you are age 60 or older, your vision may be suffering from cataracts. However, you may be compensating for these vision changes or simply think that you have to live with inferior vision as you grow older.
This could not be farther from the truth. Although cataracts affect half of all Americans by age 75, this is a treatable condition with cataract surgery.
At Wyatt Surgery Center, we offer laser cataract surgery using the LENSAR® Laser System. Built specifically for cataract surgery, this femtosecond laser allows our cataract surgeons to create the optimal corneal incision, gently fragment your cloudy eye lens and remove it in a more precise and efficient manner than the traditional manual method. The cloudy lens is removed and the new intraocular lens (IOL) is placed through the same corneal incision.
Benefits of the LENSAR Laser System
- Precise and accurate cataract removal and IOL placement
- Highly customized cataract surgery treatment
- May help reduce astigmatism for some patients
- Potential for improved vision results after surgery
- Possible reduction of post-surgery complications
- More comfortable procedure
To learn more about the LENSAR laser system, view their website.